Muncie Land Bank Administrator
The ideal candidate has strong organizational and communication skills; has expertise in housing rehabilitation and neighborhood revitalization; is comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment; and is committed to values of diversity, equity, inclusion and transparency.
- Set organizational direction through planning, action and persistence.
- Establish effective working relationships with public and private stakeholders.
- Manage growth in land bank operations and staffing.
Office and administrative duties:
- Maintain the Muncie Land Bank phone and email accounts.
- Assist with the establishment and maintenance of online and physical documentation processes in coordination with MLB Board Secretary.
- Assist with preparation of board meeting agenda, in coordination with MLB Board Chair.
Finance and Fundraising
- Assist with preparation of financial reports, in coordination with Whitinger & Co CPA and MLB Board Treasurer.
- Lead grant writing activities, according to the MLB funding calendar and in coordination with the MLB fundraising committee.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with private granting institutions and public units of government.
Property Acquisition, Maintenance & Disposition
- Effectively acquire, maintain and dispose of real property.
- Coordinate with legal advisors, county and title insurance companies to finalize agreement terms; in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Monitor progress of agreements and maintain agreement documentation to ensure fulfillment of agreement terms including receipt and expenditure of funds.
Executive professional experience and/or bachelor’s degree required in business administration, community development, public administration, urban planning or another related field. Master’s degree preferred. The Executive Director must possess at least three years’ experience in business, non-profit operational and financial management, or related areas.
- Knowledge of and commitment to equitable and transparent governance practices
- Experience in project management
- Exceptional people skills and community outreach experience including public speaking
- Experience with distressed property maintenance and managing contractors
- Willingness and ability to accomplish physical labor of property maintenance: frequently moving between office and distressed properties, traversing distressed properties (interior/exterior) with care, moving building materials and debris weighing up to 50 pounds
- Willingness and ability to accomplish physical labor: frequently moving between office and distressed properties, traversing distressed properties (interior/exterior) with care, moving building materials and debris weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Experience with fundraising, grant writing and grant management, and resource development.
- Word processing
The Administrator may work remotely or in our offices in Muncie Indiana. Upon request, and with adequate notification, the Administrator may be required to visit the Muncie office and properties.
Reports to the Board of Directors through the Executive Committee.
Annual Salary range 35,000 – 45,000 per year, with the opportunity for growth. Health insurance benefits negotiable.
Please send resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references no later than July 1, 2021. Rolling interviews may be scheduled as soon as applications are received.
Early July 2021